Addiction is a chronic disease that varies from person to person in terms of severity. For some, just experimenting with the substance eventually goes out of control, while with others, there is no dependency on it. You can discover this dependency with the help of professional treatment. Moreover, you might be living in denial, saying that you have your drug and alcohol consumption under control. However, once you accept the truth and seek professional intervention and addiction treatment in Utah, you will certainly live a better life.
Below, we have listed the top six signs you may need rehab in St. George, Utah!
- Substance abuse has become your priority: If substance abuse has become your main focus, it has undoubtedly turned into an addiction. All thoughts revolving around drug or alcohol consumption signify addiction. Other essential activities, responsibilities, and interests are likely to take a back seat in your life.
- Your health is deteriorating: Substance abuse leads to multiple health problems, which can directly result from drug or alcohol consumption. These problems vary from person to person, depending on what you consume, how long you have been indulging in it, and how much you consume. You must join an addiction rehab in Utah to not let your health get worse and adopt a healthy lifestyle.
- You have lost control: Initially, you might control and manage your responsibilities. However, at later stages, when your addiction and dependency on substance use increase, you are likely to find it challenging to look after your obligations. Moreover, these obligations may lose their importance in your life. You may even lose control of your health, finances, and relationships.
- You experience withdrawal: The major difference between substance abuse and addiction lies in the withdrawal symptoms. If you are experiencing these symptoms, you have developed a dependency on drugs or alcohol. The dependency can be up to a great extent where you might need to consume the substance to feel ‘normal’. If you want to manage these symptoms and quit drugs or alcohol, you must get professional help and enter rehab.
- Your financial situation is strained: Most people struggling with addiction experience financial problems. It can be because of the high costs of maintaining the addiction and prioritizing it over anything else. It might become challenging for you to pay your bills and cater to other financial obligations. In fact, you may also spend your money on sustaining the addiction rather than on other important things like education, health, and basic needs.
- You cannot quit even if you want to: Recovery is no less than a roller coaster ride. It involves many phases of sobriety and relapse. If you have made multiple unsuccessful attempts to quit drug or alcohol consumption or continue sober living in St. George, Utah, it is high time you should enter a rehab.
About Steps Recovery Centers
If you are experiencing any of the above-mentioned signs, you must look for rehab. At Steps Recovery Centers, we help people fight addiction with the proper guidance and help from our expert therapists and counselors. Our clients choose us for our effective treatment programs and specialization in substance use disorder treatments. For more information, contact us at 801-800-8142.